EATON — Preble County Commissioners approved a list of financial amendments and resolutions during the Wednesday, Dec. 28 regular meeting.
Several of the financial agreements dealt with placement services for Preble County children. The commissioners unanimously approved the following amendments for Preble County Jobs and Family Services with the following entities: Clear Creek Farm, $20,000; SAFY of Ohio, $60,000, Agape for Youth, $100,000, Christian Children’s Home, $80,000. They also approved an agreement with Health Recovery Services – Bassett House for $3,500.
In other JFS actions, the board approved the transfer of $7,000 from residential payments to foster payments.
The board awarded contracts to Alloyd Insulation Company and Alloyd Asbestos Abatement Company, of Dayton, for $27,500 and $4,200, respectively. The companies were hired to remove pipes and/or insulation containing mold or asbestos from some pipes inside the county courthouse.
A resolution for transfer of funds to pay for a security camera and equipment from the PCSO prompted some discussion from the commissioners, mostly concerning placement and cost of an external camera. The camera cost $4,108. Besides equipment, the $6,564 request also included fees associated with housing six inmates at Mercer County for two days. The resolution passed, 3-0.
In other news, commissioners approved the following resolutions:
• Authorized payment for PCSO ($1,222), Building Maintenance ($2,500), Landfill ($1,118) and the Coroner ($3,000).
• Authorized Preble County Sheriff Michael Simpson to house inmates at the Mercer County Jail for a cost of $315. This brings the total cost for housing inmates at Mercer County to about $23,000 for the year. During budget hearings late last year, Simpson advised the board that through October, the PCSO had spent $22,185 to house inmates in the Mercer County Jail.
Commissioners also approved the following:
• Extended an $8,000 one-year snow removal contract with Performance Outdoors for Preble County Jobs and Family Services.
• Five agreements with DTGI for computer services for the following county agencies: Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, $8,700; Preble County Commissioners, $18,800; GIS, $3,350; REA, $15,180; Preble County Landfill, $9,000; Preble County Recycling, $2,400.
• An agreement with DDTI for Accuglobe E911 Dispatch Licenses Agreement, $5,456, for wireless 911.
• An amendment to a security monitoring agreement with Northwestern Ohio Security systems, $500, for Preble County Landfill.
• A yard waste recycling agreement with Miami Valley Outdoor Products for $11,000 with Preble County Recycling Center.
• A microfilm storage agreement between the Montgomery County Microfilm Board and the Preble County Microfilm Department for $4,000.
• A microfilm scanner service agreement with Advanced Document Solutions with the Preble County Microfilm Department for $975.
• A voice recorder maintenance agreement with Sound Communications for Wireless 911, $7,657.
• A sprinkler inspection agreement with Koorsen and PCSO, $901.
• A furnace and air conditioning planned maintenance service agreement with mechanical systems of Dayton with PCSO, $7,020.
• A uniform agreement between Cintas Corporation and the Preble County Landfill, $9,000.
All of the actions were approved, 3-0.