LEWISBURG — The Tri-County North Local School District Board of Education held its organizational meeting on Monday, Jan. 11.
The board appointed Larry Seibel as president for 2016 while also appointing Gene Moyer as the vice president. Both nominees were approved in a unanimous decision.
Seibel will be the student achievement liaison, Rodney Schaar and Gene Moyer will serve on the building and grounds maintenance committee, and Vickie Woodyard will be placed on the wellness committee.
They also appointed Larry Good as the Ohio School Board Association (OSBA) Capital Conference Delegate in November and Woodyard as the OSBA Capital Conference Alternate. Good will also serve as the OSBA legislation liaison.
In other business, the board retained Michael Burdge from the Young, Pryor, Lynn & Jerardi law firm as the school’s attorney. They also approved the following:
• OSBA 2016 membership at an annual membership cost of $3,615.
• The Dayton-area school application system consortium at an annual membership cost of $600.
• Renewal of bonds for Treasurer Lynn Ferguson ($100,000), Assistant to the Treasurer Brenda Lawson ($50,000), Board President ($50,000), and Superintendent Bill Derringer ($50,000).
• Appointment of Derringer as the purchasing agent for the district. He will be allowed to make purchases “within the limits of the appropriate measure for the 2016 calendar year.”
• Derringer was also appointed as the school’s representative to the Lewisburg Chamber of Commerce.
The board meets every third Monday at 7:30 p.m. in the high school lecture room. Their next meeting is scheduled for Monday, Feb. 15.
Reach Jeremy at 937-683-4061 or on Twitter @jerskine_RH.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU