EATON — Ever considered selling services or products to a government agency, school or university?
This prospect may seem overwhelming, but the Ohio University Procurement Technical Assistance Center (OU PTAC) in Cincinnati helps small businesses in Preble, Clinton, Warren, Butler, Hamilton and Clermont counties understand this process. The PTAC is part of a nationwide program designed to educate, train and encourage small businesses to be successful in government contracting at the federal, state or local level.
Most small businesses need help understanding the process of contracting with government agencies: how to start, what is needed, where to find opportunities, and how to bid.
Private companies charge significant fees to help small businesses with these challenges. Most of their help is provided remotely. The OUPTAC works one-on-one with each client, often in person — and all of the services are free.
OUPTAC services can help businesses:
• Identify potential agencies that buy goods/services
•Find Federal/State/Local agency bid opportunities as a prime or sub-contractor
• Complete necessary registrations to sell to government entities
• Assess eligibility and complete certifications for small business preference categories such as 8(a), HUBZone, Veteran and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, DBE, EDGE
• Develop sales and marketing strategies geared towards government customers
• Understand solicitations and assist with the bid proposal process
OUPTAC also provides:
• Free Bid-Match Service
• Training workshops on specific contracting topics
The public is invited on Wednesday, April 5, from 8:30-10 a.m. at the Preble County Development Partnership office (119 South Barron Street in Eaton) for a presentation with Hayward Chappell, Procurement Specialist for the Cincinnati OU PTAC, as he speaks to interested small business owners about the basics of government contracting and the services offered by the center.
Anyone interested in attending should contact Brenda Latanza or Sarah Wyka at 937-456-2755 or email@example.com.