Preble County Commissioners met Monday, March 3 and Wednesday, March 5, to discuss various topics.
Commissioners approved an agreement with King Environmental Group for the construction of the second phase of the landfill for $359,899.
In other business:
- Commissioners declined an offer to obtain ownership of a forfeited property on Quaker Trace Rd.
- Commissioners approved an agreement with Verizon Wireless for $9,500 with the Engineering Department.
- Commissioners met with Randy Gilbert to discuss possible disciplinary action against a county employee, however it was held in Executive Session. Subsequently, no action will be taken against the employee.
- Commissioners also met with Becky Sorrell regarding personnel matters, also in executive session.
- Commissioners met with Probate Judge Wilfred Dues regarding payment of his employees.
Commissioners met March 5 to discuss issues regarding extending a lease of farm ground with Jim Mitchell, a land-renter. The commissioners also covered ditch reviews of Oler-White, Trump, and Bogan ditches and held a public hearing with James Simmons from the Preble County Drainage Department to answer questions regarding the ownership and interest in ditches on property.