Thursday Night Weekly Dance
The Preble County Senior Center hosts a weekly dance each Thursday night from 4-7 p.m. at The Grange (formerly The Gathering Place), 501 Nation Avenue, Eaton. We have a new terrific band that many of you have already heard at some of our previous special events. The Silvertones, a local band from Camden, Ohio will provide an enjoyable evening of classic rock & roll and country music for your listening and dancing pleasure. Band members include Michael Powers on piano; Mike Buckley, lead guitar; Danny Witt, bass; and Gary “Pete” Peters on drums.
The Grange is a great location for a dance. There is a stage for the band, with a beautiful wood dance floor. The facility is spacious with room for comfortable seating and dancing. Everyone loves to dance. And, dancing is a great way for people of all ages to get and stay in shape. Besides being fun, dancing has positive health benefits. Whether you like to dance or just listen to great music, we invite you to join us for a fun evening.
The Thursday Night Weekly Dance is still growing strong in weekly attendance. Last week, there were 127 individuals in attendance. All age adults are welcome. We have food available for purchase, with a popular dollar menu. There are door prizes, and a 50/50 drawing. Admission at the door is $3 per individual, or $5 per couple. If you have any questions, call the Senior Center at 937-456-4947.
Holiday Craft Bazaar
The Preble County Senior Center annual Holiday Craft Bazaar will be held on Saturday, Nov. 14 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at The Grange, 501 Nation Avenue, Eaton.
A wide variety of crafts will be available, including afghans, quilts, other crocheted items, handbags, wood crafts, candles, jewelry, miscellaneous holiday decorations, baked goods, and much more. Lunch will also be available for purchase.
Vendor space is still available. Reserve your space by calling Stacey Copes at the senior center at 937-456-4947.
The Holiday Craft Bazaar is an annual fundraiser for the Preble County Senior Center.
New Senior Center Activities for October
Many new activities are planned in coming months by the Preble County Senior Center. New activities in October include:
(Locations: SC – Senior Center; TG – The Grange)
• Oct. 1 – Music Club 10 a.m. – TG
• Oct. 2, 9, 16, 22, 30 – Healthy Living Exercises 9:30 a.m. – SC
• Oct. 6 – Euchre 1:30-3:30 p.m. – SC
• Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28 – Wii Games 8-11 a.m. – SC
• Oct. 7 – Health Fair 10 a.m.-2 p.m – TG
• Oct. 9 – “Family Feud” 2 p.m. – SC
• Oct. 12 – Chili Cook-Off 11 a.m. – SC
• Oct.16 – Billiards 9-11 a.m. – SC
• Oct. 19 – “Trivia” 2 p.m. – SC
• Oct. 21 – Birthday Bash 1:30 p.m. – SC
• Oct. 23 – CPR & First Aid 10 a.m.-noon – SC (RSVP to 1-800-RED-CROSS)
• Oct. 23 – Inside Look at Visual Art Center of Preble County 1:30 p.m. – SC
• Oct. 29 – Gateway Health Medicare Seminar – 9:30 a.m. – SC
Reach Karen at 937-456-4947.