EATON — Our Giving Tuesday Campaign continues. Please consider making a donation to help our senior population stay healthy and at home (where they want to be). Giving Tuesday was Nov. 30. We will keep our campaign open until Dec. 31.
If you are interested in Sponsoring a Senior or making a donation, the following options are available to you:
• In person with cash, check or credit card
• PayPal through our website
The past several years, PCCOA has participated in Giving Tuesday. We have asked our community to help sponsor Meals on Wheels for seniors in Preble County. Why is this needed? Currently, one in four people in Preble County are over the age of 60 and by 2030 this number will increase to one in three. Each meal contains 1/3 of the daily requirements for nutrition for a person 60 and over. For many of our clients this is the only hot meal they receive all day and very often the driver is the only person they see that day, that week and sometimes each month. We need your help. #GivingTuesday #RadicalGenerosity
• Visit Whispering Christmas at Fort St. Clair on Dec. 14. The Christmas light display gets better and better each year.
• PCCOA will be closed on Dec. 16. The staff will be delivering 220 Christmas boxes to seniors across the county.
• The Thursday Night Dance is not canceled on Dec. 16.
• Are you a member of Preble County Council on Aging? If you aren’t, you won’t find a better and more economical membership price. Only $10 for the year. Membership gets you a bi-monthly newsletter and discounts on trips and rentals. Fun facts: You don’t need to be over 60 to be a member. Membership is available for anyone of any age. Memberships make great Christmas gifts and birthday gifts.
If your company is looking for a corporate volunteer opportunity, delivering meals is a great way to get involved. We work with you on a schedule that works for your employees. Even if it’s just one day a month, we would love to have you volunteer. Please call for all the details.
Sponsor-a-Senior — Meals on Wheels
You can make a difference in a senior’s life by donating just $12.50 a week. That’s $2.50 per day; $50 a month or $600 a year. Any amount will help. Your donation provides so much more than a hot, nutritious meal. You help provide a visit by one of our trained drivers to bring not only a meal, but a wellness check, a smile and conversation, and help with tasks such as bringing in the mail. Our drivers look forward to checking on his/her seniors each week day and the seniors look forward to seeing our drivers. No amount is too small. Please consider making a donation by calling 937-456-4947. #meals4seniors #MOWPreble
To stay up to date on all of our activities, trips and senior news sign up to receive our bi-monthly newsletter the “Senior Scene.” Membership at the Senior Center is $10 a year. In addition to other benefits, members automatically receive our bi-monthly “Senior Scene” newsletter which features all our latest news and activities, additional benefits are discounts on trips and select activities. Like our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/preblecountycouncilonaging/ or give us a call at 937-456-4947. Visit our website at www.PrebleSeniorCenter.org.