ENGLEWOOD — The Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) HOSA Senior Chapter began the year with two meetings, the first held on Aug. 26, and the second held the on Sept. 27.
The 2016-2017 MVCTC HOSA Senior Chapter Officers are:
• President – McKayla Mangen (Health Careers) Tippecanoe
• Vice-Presidents – Chloe Price (Biotechnology) Arcanum-Butler, Ashley Kirby (Allied Health) Northmont
• Secretary – Kahsia Hawkins (Health Careers) Trotwood-Madison
• Treasurer – Molly Pierce (Health Careers) Miamisburg
• Reporter – Lindsay Owens (Biotechnology) Tri-County North
• Historian – Lauren Eck (Allied Health) Northmont
• Parliamentarian – Riley Click (Biotechnology) Dixie
The 2016-2017 MVCTC HOSA Senior Chapter Committee Co-Chairs are:
• Community Service – Cheyenne Bentley (Biotechnology) Butler, Kody Setser (Health Careers) Versailles
• School Service – Elsa Huffman (Allied Health) Dixie, Briana Triplett (Allied Health) Carlisle
• Career Awareness – Taylor Rindler (Allied Health) Versailles, Brooke Cunningham (Allied Health) National Trail
• Healthy Lifestyle – Shannon Masters (Allied Health) Wayne, Lacey Brand (Sports Medicine) Northmont
• Social – Stephanie Hulsman (Health Careers) Miamisburg, Samantha Arnett (Health Careers) Preble Shawnee
• Editors – Deanna Winner (Allied Health) Brookville, Lanora Mitchell (Allied Health) Northmont
The 2016-2017 MVCTC HOSA Senior Chapter Voting Delegates are:
• Maggie Lane (Health Careers) Vandalia-Butler
• Elizabeth Allen (Health Careers) Mississinawa
• Gabrielle Combs (Health Careers) Eaton
• Kiara Benjamin (Health Careers) Trotwood
• Samone Milner (Health Careers) Trotwood
• Shiya Allen (Health Careers) Tri-Village
The MVCTC HOSA Senior Chapter has started the 2016-2017 school year off strongly. The first meeting was held on Aug. 26, on Junior Welcome Day. This meeting included both the Senior and Junior HOSA Chapters. At this meeting, the MVCTC HOSA Senior Chapter Officers and Committee Co-Chairs were inducted into office. HOSA students also competed against each other in a series of games.
In the second HOSA meeting on Sept. 27, the MVCTC HOSA Senior Chapter Voting Delegates were inducted into office. Community Service Chair, Cheyenne Bentley, informed the Senior HOSA Chapter about the FCCLA Blue Star Mothers, which is a donation drive for veterans. Bentley also talked about the HOSA National Service Project, which will be on the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). HOSA plans on making videos and having a fundraiser to raise awareness on different mental illnesses for Mental Illness Awareness Week. Treasurer, Molly Pierce, also talked about HOSA Competitions and events. The Local HOSA Competitions will be held on Dec. 5-9, at MVCTC. Three people from each event will be able to move on to the HOSA Regionals Competitions on Jan. 21, 2017.
Over the next month, the MVCTC Senior HOSA Chapter will continue work on mental health awareness. The MVCTC HOSA Senior Chapter also plans to send their officers and voting delegates to the HOSA Fall Leadership Conference on Nov. 4.
“The mission of HOSA is to enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill and leadership development of all health science education students, therefore, helping the student meet the needs of the health care community.”