ENGLEWOOD — The Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) SkillsUSA Chapter I held its first meeting on August 31, 2018. The meeting included the induction of the SkillsUSA officers followed by the introduction of the SkillsUSA Program to the upcoming junior class.
The 2018-2019 SkillsUSA Chapter I Officers are:
• President – Paola Gomez, Cosmetology, Wayne
• Vice President – Emma Price, Cosmetology, Tri-Village
• Secretary – Kirsten Zink, Dental Assisting, Franklin Monroe
• Treasurer – Brooklynn Drake, Dental Assisting, Franklin Monroe
• Reporter – Kathryn Hood, Cosmetology, Valley View
• Parliamentarian – Jolie Elson, Dental Assisting, Mississinawa Valley
• Historian –Kash Roberts, Cosmetology, Valley View
• Student Ambassador – Skyler Hull, Cosmetology, Northmont
• Student Ambassador – Mackenzy Kendel, Dental Assisting, Eaton
SkillsUSA Chapter 4 Advisor, Kelly Kramer, started off by informing MVCTC’s SkillsUSA members what SkillsUSA is all about. Within this session, he told stories of the past years SkillsUSA competitions and what and/or how you could compete. He spoke about the regional, state, and national championships and our winners from the past years. Mr. Kramer introduced Mrs. Hartman and Mr. Kauffman to make some final remarks about the trip to Nationals in Louisville, Kentucky this past June. To close the first SkillsUSA meeting, we applauded Mr. Kramer and got ready to compete in our CTSO afternoon events.
The first SkillsUSA meeting of Miami Valley Career Technology Center was a success filled with optimism and excitement. We will go forward making new friendships, memories, and spreading positivity throughout the school to keep improving MVCTC.
For more information about the Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC), visit www.mvctc.com.