Area home destroyed in weekend fire


R-H Staff



WEST ALEXANDRIA — According to televised reports, fire crews from five jurisdictions responded to a structure fire after a heat lamp in a dog house caused a fire near West Alexandria early Saturday morning, Dec. 15.

According to reports from R-H news partners at WDTN TV, West Alexandria Fire Chief Jeff Shafer reported the home in the 2800 block of Minnich-Wysong Road was a total loss after a heat lamp inside a dog house was knocked down at about 3:30 a.m., starting the blaze which spread to the home.

The garage and dog house were also destroyed in the fire.

Shafer reported everyone, including all the animals, was able to get out safely.

West Alexandria Fire Department posted on Facebook Saturday evening, “A huge thanks to Lewisburg, City of Eaton, Eldorado, Gasper Twp., Farmersville Fire Departments and West Alexandria EMS for all the assistance you provided this morning.”

West Alexandria Fire officials called the fire frustrating to extinguish, and also reported, the “wind drove this fire right into the house.”

R-H Staff