EATON — The Preble County Commissioners met Wednesday, July 8 and established Sewer District 6 in the board’s continued efforts to find solution to water contamination in the Glenwood area.
Commissioners approved a motion to establish SD6, which will cover homes from Woodside Drive, along U.S. 35, to Stover Road. Sample Drive, Circle Lane, Julia Drive, Vanessa and Rebecca and parts of Quaker Trace will also become part of the service areas.
Commissioners said the establishment of the district will not make every home in the area become part of the district, but simply establishes an area of service for the district and prepares for possible service to the homes in the future.
Commissioners also hosted another Glenwood area work session, to have discussions to establish a committee to help find solutions to the contamination problem. Commissioner Chris Day said he has received positive feedback and interest from people to be in the group, but is still waiting for a few more commitments to the committee.
The group will have a proposed budget of $700,000, which is based on 10 percent of the EPAs estimate of $6 million for the entirety of the project.
The next work group meeting will be on Wednesday, July 22 at 9 a.m. during the regularly scheduled commissioners meeting at the Preble County Courthouse.
In other business:
• Commissioners approved the awarding of the bid for Village of Gratis Mack Street Water Line Replacement for $34,950 from CG Construction of Miamisburg.
• Commissioners awarded the bid for the Harrison Township Rockridge Road Culvert Replacement to Toms Constructions of St. Henry, for $41,623.
• Commissioners signed an agreement with Sub Surface Explorations Services and Professional Services Industries for the Paint Creek Four Mile Road project at a cost of $,7363 and the Lexington Salem Road Project at a cost of $12,818.
• The board approved a revised bid sheet for the Camden Second Street and Cottage Street improvement for the FY14 CDBG Grant.
• The board approved a travel request for the Sheriff’s Office for $1,093.99 for an officer to attend a three-day interrogation technique program.
• The board approved resolution 398 for an expenditure for GIS training for Brad Kramer at a cost of $5,398. This is an 11-day instructor-led online training program.
The Preble County Commissioners meet at 9 a.m. every Monday and Wednesday, at the Preble County Courthouse. All meetings are open to the public.
Reach Austin Schmidt at 937-683-4062 or at email@example.com