ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA — Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) students and advisors were a part of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America’s (FCCLA) largest National Leadership Conference in Anaheim, California, June 30-July 4.
More than 8,700 attendees gathered to expand leadership skills, sharpen talents, explore career pathways, and listen to inspiring speakers.
This year’s conference theme encouraged participants to “Believe in Yourself” through competing in Competitive Events, running for office, partaking in Leadership Academy, and continuing to make a positive impact within their families, communities, and careers. Attendees also had the opportunity to engage with Red Talks, attend the Ford Driving Skills for Life event, learn about potential career and college opportunities at the EXPO, and interact with leaders from across the nation.
“It is always inspiring to watch so many young leaders come together and realize their full potential through competition, career training, and leadership workshops,” said Sandy Spavone, Executive Director of FCCLA. “This National Leadership Conference was a great success thanks to the National Board of Directors, National Staff, National Executive Council, and their advisers, as well as the students, advisers, and organization’s supporters.”
MVCTC FCCLA had 17 students qualify to compete at the National Competition and brought home gold medals for Interpersonal Communication, Career Investigation, Chapter in Review Portfolio, and Promote and Publicize FCCLA Contest.
MVCTC competing in the National FCCLA Competition included:
• Applied Math for Culinary Management Contest –Austin Miracle (Culinary Arts from Tri-County North)
• Career Investigation Contest – Gold Medal Winner, Cameron Gamble (Early Childhood Education from West Carrollton)
• Chapter in Review Portfolio Team Event – Gold Medal Winner, Early Childhood Education students, Alexandria Allen (New Lebanon), Kailey Applegate (Northmont), and Madyson Richards (Arcanum)
• Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation Team Event – Culinary Arts students Parker Lenski (Miamisburg) and Elijah Walters (Vandalia)
• Interpersonal Communication Team Event – Gold Medal Winner, Early Childhood Education students, Riley Cruse (Tri-County North) and Lauryn Templeton (Miamisburg)
• Job Interview Contest – Jennesis Gardner (Culinary Arts from Miamisburg)
• Leadership Contest – Noah Middlebrook (Culinary Arts from Miamisburg)
• Life Event Planning Team Culinary Arts students, Parker Lenski (Miamisburg) and Elijah Walters (Vandalia)
• National Program in Action Team – Early Childhood Education students, Ciara Bradberry (Tri-County North), Macey Kash (Brookville), and Destiny Strazheim (Eaton)
• Nutrition and Wellness – Jennesis Gardener (Culinary Arts from Miamisburg)
• Promote & Publicize FCCLA TEAM – Gold Medal Winner, Early Childhood Education students, Katelynn Adams (New Lebanon), Samantha Hartzell (Arcanum), and Carly Hoskins (Northmont)