Community

West Alexandria news

WEST ALEXANDRIA — Birthdays this week: Lacey Rucker, Rylie Gearhart, Kelly Studebaker, Linda Wick, Karen E. Studebaker, Bethany Magrace Landwehr, John Warrick, Neil Wick,...

Library offering genealogy class

EATON — The Preble County Room is holding a free class for budding genealogists to get introduced to the many local, regional, and national...

District library plans activities

Kids and familiesStory TimesBring the kids (11 and under) to the New Paris Library every Monday at 5 p.m. in February for story time...

Ask Rusty: How is my benefit amount calculated?

Dear Rusty: A friend and I, both approaching 62 years old, were discussing Social Security the other day, and he said that they take...

Seniors, ‘Let’s be creative!’

EATON — Forgive me if I’ve told you this one already. Let’s talk about creativity. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines ‘create’ as 1. To bring...

Stirn awarded scholarship

OXFORD — The P.E.O. Chapter CB of Oxford awarded Carrie Stirn, of Liberty, Indiana the P.E.O. Continuing Education (PCE) grant of $2,200 from the...

Best foods for Valentine’s Day dining

METRO — Enjoying a delicious meal together is popular for couples on Valentine’s Day. The National Restaurant Association predicts that more than 70 million...

Celebrating Love & Marriage

EATON — Thirty-four couples celebrated their many years of wedded bliss during the 26th annual Golden Anniversary Celebration, held on Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016.The...

Southern Preble news

GRATIS/CAMDEN — Happy anniversary: Wayne and Carol Ertel of Gratis Township celebrated thier 59th wedding anniversary on Feb. 8. Delbert and Kathy Donthnier of...

Results of annual Coyote Contest announced

WEST ALEXANDRIA — The Twin Valley Rod & Gun Club recently announced the winners of it annual Coyote Contest.The largest female coyote weighed 35.4...

Weather

Eaton
light snow
25.9 ° F
29.5 °
23.3 °
90 %
4.5mph
100 %
Sat
31 °
Sun